BASIC & CLINICAL SCIENCE FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF PATIENTS WITH CHRONIC PAIN: INTRATHECAL DRUG DELIVERY. COURSE V. Barcelona, June 17-18, 2016
17 junio 2016
This advanced course is designed for pain practicioners (pain specialists, anesthesiologists, neurosurgeons) utilizing invasive techniques for pain management. Physicians attending the course should have at least 2 years of practice with ongoing use of neuromodulation techniques in the treatment of chronic pain patients.
After participation in this educational meeting, participants should have an understanding of:
1. Basic neuroanatomy related with the performance of pain therapies.
2. Clinical evidence regarding new and evolving treatments fir the treatment of pain.
3. Current imaging and electrophysiological technologies relevant for performing diagnosis and performing the invasive tecniques for pain treatment.
4. Common clinical problems in chronic pain and current recommendations for the evaluation and management of these pain conditions.
5. Evidence-Based treatments in pain medicine.
6. Indentify questions that need to be addressed to increase knowledge of neuromodulation techniques use in pain treatment.
7. How to design the Pain studies for obtaining better the evidence.